What does it mean to “have” faith, for that matter what does faith really mean? Webster says it is the firm belief in something for which there is no proof. It is having a complete trust. We have talked about having faith in the laws as well as yourself, but it is one thing to talk about it and something else to feel and believe it.
A person’s typical 1st experience in faith is with your parents in raising you. From that point, you gain or lose this wonderful thing of faith depending on the examples that present themselves in your life.
Faith also has a way of letting you see yourself. Although we (society) have a way of compartmentalizing everything to keep them separate. We say someone is a leader or follower, left of right-brained when in reality people can be both. It is just a matter of the situation that are currently in. We are learning that life is really intertwined in all areas. Using the term leap of faith seems to be looked at as completely different than faith itself. Using the term “keep the faith” seems to have more to do with a movement, but they are all faith. Having very little faith in people, society, a goal or life. Really reflects the faith that you have in yourself.
This made me reflect on all the things that we have learned since the beginning of our podcast relationship and there are many laws such as success, supply, giving and receiving and attraction especially when it comes to expectations and its eagerness to meet them that relies heavy in faith and its power in an idea or goal. The power of faith when it comes to yourself is that you become unwavering to influences that don’t help or build you up.
Faith happens to be the 2nd principle that Napoleon Hill talks about in his Think and Grow Rich book. Mixing faith with your ideas and goals. While you can have an idea and an action plan. Faith is like the catalysts that brings everything together. It speeds things up, removes time in a sense of it being such a burden. Hill states that faith can be created by (auto-suggestion) repeating instructions to the subconscious mind by yourself to yourself. So as you see people using words of affirmation to put them in the right mind frame to be in a good mood, lose weight, psych yourself up before an interview or not give up on yourself. You are giving yourself faith. “okay, you can do this”, “You are amazing”, “Get yourself together and show them what you’re made of”..etc
Nightengale has a self-confidence formula after reviewing Hill’s writing. These can also be looked at as statements of affirmation that you should repeat to yourself as much as you need to help improve or increase your faith in……everything:
- I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my definite purpose in life, therefore I demand of myself persistent, continuous action towards its attainment. I here and now promise to show results in these actions.
- I realize the dominant thought in my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward physical action and gradually transform themselves into physical reality. Therefore I will concentrate my thoughts for 30 min daily on the task of thinking of the person that I intend to become. As a result, creating in my mind a clear mental picture of that person.
- I know through the principle of auto-suggestion, any desire that I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of obtaining back to it. therefore I will devote 10 min daily to demanding of myself the development of self-confidence.
- I have clearly written down a description of my definite chief aim in life and I will never stop trying until I have developed sufficient self-confidence for its attainment.
- I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure unless built upon truth and justice, therefore I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use and the cooperation of other people. I will endure others to serve me because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, jealousness, selfishness and cynicism in me by developing love for all humanity because I know that a negative attitude towards others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me because I will believe in them and in myself.
Do you not feel good just listening to these, let alone saying these things to yourself? Say it as often and as much as you need. As you noticed, one area of life is not separate from the other. As you increase in confidence, your faith increases in everything around you and the kinds of people and things around you improved for the better because that is how what you expect and attract. How could this not increase your faith?
Because faith is not something that you see and can’t really be explained, we know that faith is strongly connected to emotions and desires. Since it is part of our invisible faculties. It is a feeling and anything that you can feel has the ability to affect your subconscious. We want our faith to put us in the right state of mind. By doing this we become a magnet that attracts that energy and brings it into our reality.
Take a moment to think about every time you met a goal or something great happened, how did you feel right before it happened?
Have faith in accomplishing whatever it is you are aspiring to do. If it wasn’t meant for you to accomplish it. You would not have decided to do it.
Webster (2017) Definition of Faith from https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith
Nightengale, E. (2017) The Hidden Secrets Inside Think and Grow Rich from https://youtu.be/inBA0g0LeCE
Hill, N. (2013) Think and Grow Rich