On this episode of My Fulfilled Life, we speak with Darryl Edwards as he visited my city. He is a personal trainer, nutritionist and author, but that is not how he started out. His previous career was a computer programmer working within investment banking.
Hmm…how did he get to where he his today?
The topics covered on his journey:
How starting out as a computer scientist and the demands of his former career negatively affected his health.
What led him to the understanding that a healthy lifestyle was key to avoiding prescription medication.
What pushed him to begin his journey after an early warning from his doctor, based on blood tests that showed markers of chronic lifestyle disease. Within a few months of changing his lifestyle, he was able to normalize his health issues without the use of any medication!
- Better diet
- Better quality sleep
- Better management of stress
- Healthful movement
Darryl became certified in nutrition and personal training. Began advising clients on steps to improve their health.
We also discuss:
- What led Darryl to leave his career in banking to pursue his passion.
- His thoughts on living a Paleo lifestyle.
- The paths he had followed before he got to where he is today.
- Explaining his Primal Play Method and the importance of movement for a healthy lifestyle.
- How Darryl views failure and flirting with adventure.
- Going from a state of mind of “me” to “we” with events triggered by the London bombings in July 2005.
- How Darryl worked past this traumatizing experience.
How to Find Out More about Darryl
Twitter and Instagram: @fitnessexplorer